INFORMATION TEXT REGARDING THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We, as ÇALIK DENİM TEKSTİL SANAYİ VE TİCARET ANONİM ŞİRKETİ (“Çalık
“Company”), aim to inform you regarding the personal data that we process in accordance with
(Obligation of Controller to Inform) of the 6698 numbered Turkish Personal Data Protection Law (PDPL),
published and came into effect on the 7th of April 2016 in the Official Gazette, which
purposes to protect individuals’ rights and freedoms of privacy, and the “Communique on Procedures and
Principles Regarding the Data Controller's Obligation to Inform”, published in the 30356 numbered
Official Gazette on the 28th of March 2018.
1. THE IDENTITY OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
Çalık Denim holds the title of “Data Controller” (“Controller”) in conformity with the PDPL and can be
contacted through the information provided bellow:
Address : Keresteciler Sitesi, Fatih Cad. Ladin Sok. No: 17 34169 Merter, İstabul
Telephone : 00 90 (212) 459 26 26
Fax : 00 90 (212) 677 41 17
E-mail : (email@example.com)
2. PROCESSED PERSONAL DATA
The following data shall be processed during your log in, registration and use of the Çalık Denim mobile
- Identification: First Name-Family Name
- Contact Information: E-mail address
- Work and Professional Life: Place of employment and
- Cyber Security Information: Username, password,
audit logs, IP address, and mobile application access logs.
- Commercial Data: Habitual application use and
reports regarding likes and targeting information.
3. THE PURPOSE OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
The personal data obtained with regards to your login and use to the application shall be processed for
the purposes set out bellow:
- To create your membership registration and enable your login to
your account through the application,
- For the personalized presentation of our products and services
based on your likes, habitual use and necessities,
- To carry out quality/standards controls,
- To dully carry out our legal obligations,
- To provide cyber security.
4. COLLECTION METHOD OF PERSONAL DATA AND LEGAL GROUNDS
Çalık Denim collects the abovementioned personal data during your login, registration, and use of the
mobile application and throughout the continuation of said relation in order to fulfil the following
legal purposes as set out in articles 5, 6, and 8 of the aforementioned legislation.
- For you to explicitly consent,
- The Company conforms to the legislation and its provisions which
are clearly set out,
- It is required to process personal data in order to fulfil our
contractual obligations by providing our services and products, so long as the personal data
is directly and explicitly mandatory for the fulfillment of the contractual obligations,
- The necessity of the collection of personal data in order to
fulfill legal obligations,
- The information being disclosed by the owner of the information,
- The necessity to process personal data in order to establish,
exercise and protection of any rights,
- It is mandatory for the legitimate interests of the controller,
provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the
5. THE RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
As the Data Subject, you have the following rights in conformity with article 11 of the PDPL:
- To enquire whether or not your data is being/has been processed,
- If your data has been processed, to further enquire as to the processing,
- To enquire as to whether or not the personal data has been processed
appropriately and in
conformity with the purposes set out in the legislation,
- To request your personal data to be updated if the information provided is
- To enquire about the transfer of your personal data to domestic or
- To request the deletion or disposal of your data,
- To request a notice to third parties, whom have transferred your personal data,
update, deletion or disposal of your personal data.
- To appeal against decisions made against you by processing your personal data
automated data analysis system.
- To request compensation for any sustained damage through the inappropriate and
processing of your personal data.
6. IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT WITH US REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND DEMANDS
You may contact us regarding your demands and rights as set out in the relevant legislation by either
hand-delivering a letter of application to the aforementioned address or have it delivered through the
notary. Additionally, according to article 5 of the “The Communiqué on Principles and Procedures for
Application to Data Controller” you may contact us through your Registered E-mail Address,
electronic signature, mobile signature or another registered e-mail address which you have previously
notified us of at the following e-mail address: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We shall approve your application following an identity verification and shall be finalized within the
shortest time, depending on the subject matter. The finalization shall not take more than 30 days from
the date of the application. If a written response is issued to the application, no fees shall be
applied for the first 10 pages of the response. A fee of 1 Turkish Lira for every page over the 10 page
limit shall be chargeable. If the response is stored and delivered in a CD or hard-drive, an additional
fee depending on the cost of the hard-disk shall be demandable.